I try to wait until I have something relevant to write about, but its just not happened for me this week. It was a long drawn out week that creeped by during the day and raced by after 6 pm. I am guilty of being very unmotivated at work and just shuffling papers around my desk to appear busy. It happens...
I am happy to announce that Kylie, the day after the turned 5 months, gifted us with 10 hours of uninterruped sleep. Granted, we are only asleep for 7 of those, its probably the best 7 hours of sleep ever!
My mom came over last night and she was very much like her old self. She got to feed Kylie and play and let me make dinner and stuff. It was a nice evening and it was also the first time I wasn't totally stressed and somewhat annoyed hanging out with her. (I'm not a bad person but it really takes an abundant supply of patience to be around her sometimes in her current condition.)
Going home on the bus Monday was an adventure. I had taken the light rail to the med center for an eye appointment where I had to get my eyes dialted. I forgot my sun glasses (big surprise, I forgot something...) and I was foreced to rock the roll-up disposable shades they gave me at check out. Not being one to push the envelope too much (haha) I decided, blinding sun or not, I was just gonna rock the dialted pupils look on the way back downtown. I've never gotten so many double takes. Kids would stare inquisitively, and the Hispanic ladies never broke their gaze and one may even have muttered "Diablo" in my direction. I walked several blocks like this to catch my connecting bus home and I have the luck of sitting next to Houston's most outgoing, yet agitated, strung out hobo. He was clean-er as far as hobos go, and he had a cell phone. He loudly made calls to an extended stay hotel to set up aroom for the next few weeks. (I know this bc 1. he talked really loud & 2. of course I listened) He went on to explain to the Hotel Person "I am really nice guy and I prefer not to be called sir but even if you do call me sir I will call you Goddess. You are a really nice lady, you know that?" He inquired if the room was smoking or not "becasue I still haven't kicked that." Then after overdoing it on the thank yous he hung up and dialed who I can only imagine was his lady friend and reported that "i got the room, but you need to get my phone charger from the pawn shop and get cigarettes but don't worry because I have a syringe already." He then went on to explain "i'm really frustrated and I haven't taken my meds today." That is when I stopped listening and moved over towards the window as far as possible.
The remainder of my week was pretty uneventful and lame. I have a list a mile long of things I need to accomplish this weekend and with any luck I'll get it all done. Valentine's Day is coming up and I'm trying to get set for that and figure how to woo my lova lova so that he doesn't continue to think I've lost my gift giving edge. (Ask him and he'll probably tell you that my gifts as of late leave something to be desired...hmpf!)
Ahhhh, and here are my misc updates:
What I'm reading: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
What I'm looking forward to: tax return $$, more weight loss, our anniversary trip
Who I'm thinking about: someone who has lost someone special
What I'm doing tonight: gym...sweating it out!
Who I'm hating on: haters and liers
What I'm working on: scrapbooks, sewing projects, bows for Kylie
What I'm wishing: that my secret appointment Tuesday pays off!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment