Decorations-
Our great friends at Birdie Baby Boutique cooked us up a 1/2 dozen of ornamental cupcakes to round out the decor. Created to match the plates and napkin color scheme these little "nuggets" were a wonderful finishing touch! Kylie made them her toys immediately after her party. They are good because they are durable and whimsical rolled into one. She was also awesome enough to make Kylie custom bows to match her birthday dress that she got to wear for all of about 10 minutes. The bows have yet to make their debut.
Invites-
Using the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge, I cut out a layered cupcake in several different shadow colors. All with chocolate icing and iridescent, textured scrapbook paper for the cupcake wrappers. I found a cupcake print 12x12 scrapbook sheet as the base, matted the text paper with a coordinating piece of card stock, assembles and...ta-da!
I even added a little pizazz to the enveloped bus using the Stampin Up roller stamp to the outside - no pictures. It was a nice touch..at that point I was in over drive and I couldn't stop....
Now, I didn't take any up close pictures of the cupcake pops, that looked pretty beginner baker, in my opinion...but they tasted damn good! I followed the recipe on Bakerella. If I could find a way to make the purple chocolate a little thinner, they'd have been perfect, but it was harder to work with than I expected. Nevertheless, they were incredibly edible and highly addictive. I coordinated all that with purple, pink and silver chocolates in the clear jar.
The cake I can't take credit for, except that I knew where to go to get it. haha I sent Nick to go get it, and even though he just about had a nervous breakdown driving it home from the bakery, it made it in once piece with only the fondant circles sliding down the cake from being out in the heat. It looked great and had just the response I wanted it to! La Victoria Bakery does an amazing cake if you are up for the drive and the big bakery cost. Their prices have increased since the last time I ordered from them, but the never fail to deliver a GREAT tasting cake with the ability to impress based on taste and presentation. Rosie did me right, and for that, I thank her.
ok, I have to post this not...I've been messing with this post for far too long!

No comments:
Post a Comment