It shouldn't be that hard. An hour work out 3 times a week should not be that hard to fit in. Right? My schedule is just off kilter enough to make it frustratingly difficult to get into a workout routine. Every other aspect of my life is schedule and routine to the minute but some how this pocket of workout time escapes me. If i worked closer I could use what was my commute time as gym time. If Kylie stayed up later (or really, if I didn't feel so guilty for taking her to the gym's kids club in the evening) i could go after work. If the weekends were not like the sacred two days with my husband, as a family, I'd have my but up there Saturday and Sunday. What this sounds like to me is a bunch of excuses. None of the circumstance make it undoable, exactly, just hard. I have access to a gym at work, and I can always take up lunch time work-out, they are pretty effective, but I keep holding my breath that something will change in my current situation but I know that's not the way to do it.
I've been looking into the Couch to 5k running program. I hate running and it actually hurts me to do it, but this program keeps coming back to me...calling to me. Maybe I need to give it a go? I've always enjoyed seeing the benefits of my labor show up on my frame and I miss it. I miss sweating it out and I miss my step class and I miss how good I can sleep when I've had a good workout. After admitting that, it still doesn't beat hanging out with Kylie and it doesn't out weigh the guilt of choosing it over Kylie for an hour.
Its a constant balancing act..that I have yet to figure out. As much as I'd like to think that I'm getting closer to making it work, something slides around and throws it all off kilter. There has got to be a way to "do it all" and feel good about it. Right now its more like I'm doing just enough to get by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE the couch to 5k program and I highly recommend it and bonus, it's only 30 minutes. :) I gave up on the idea of working out when it meant that I had to take my little one to the gym daycare. We came home with pink eye, rotovirus and all kinds of other fun diseases all just so mama could sweat for an hour. If you have an okay stroller you can take your little girl and run around your neighborhood with your husband too. It would be a good bonding experience for all involved and you would get your exercise, put baby to sleep and not have to interrupt her bedtime if she falls asleep in the stroller and then come home to a shower and bed time.
Just a thought, I am sure you will find time to do what will make you happy and help you feel better.
Heather
Post a Comment