I don't think he knows how much I appreciate him. He is different than I thought he would be to me at this age. He's a Dad and a Grandpa, and half a Mom all rolled into one. He plans get togethers with us and he makes sure they gets Kylie time every week, and he picks up the phone to call and make sure we are doing ok. If you catch him at the right time, he might even gossip with you a little. He talks music with you, and he says things like "Its all good." He frames pictures and hangs them in the hallway gallery. He keeps the house in line and he cooks and he calls me whem my mom needs to get her hair done so I can set up an appointment. He remembers birthdays, he exercises, he works and he plays. The travels and he holds my Mom's hand and gives her an affectionate squeeze on the shoulder.
I wish I had given him more credit from the get go. I never thought he'd handle it all as well as he does. Its like his stride picked up where my mom's kinda stopped, barely missing a beat. We don't really have the kind of relationship where we have those kinda of heart to hearts, but I hope that he knows that he is irreplacable. He's our glue. There isn't a card or a phrase or gesture that will show him how much he means to me. I needed to know him this way, and see him as more than the working dad. Although the words are infrequently spoken, the love is strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment