Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Job and what's to come!

I can finally say I am the proud owner of a new job.  Excited does not cover it.  I'm happy in the fact that I wanted a job closer to home, and I needed a good raise, but I am sad about leaving my dysfunctional work family.  I've grown so close to these people and they have been with me through a wedding and a baby and if that doesn't create a bond, nothing will.  I really could see myself staying at this job if we were about 3 years in the past but I came about 3 years too late to this party and now its time to go.  I'm moving forward to (what I hope is) a really good place with more good people to be around.  I'm excited to have a commute 15 minutes long and to add a gym time back into my weekly schedule.  I'll be able to feed Kylie breakfast in the morning before we go to our respective daycares and we'll leave the house at 8am rather than 6:45. I could not feel more lucky to have my checklist of job must-haves complete.  The new chapter starts October 4th....Which brings me to my next big event that will punctuate the end of my first week at my new job: my 30th birthday.  Thirties, here I come. I'm at peace with it.  I'm not necessarily excited or disappointed.  I have a lot to show for 30 years on this earth so what is one more year?  I hope to celebrate the occasion with several of my favorite people.


The next few months are shaping up to be a blur running all the way up until Christmas.  Birthdays, craft getaway,  babies due (not mine),  holiday preparations, Thanksgiving,  hopefully a short vacation, Christmas, New Year.  I'm happy to say I have my Christmas list already started and even a few things checked off of it.  I need to remember next year to start a Christmas club account (like I say every year).  I wonder if its too late?  I have so many good ideas swimming around in my head lately and Its not overwhelming my like it normally does.  Oh and of all the overwhelming things, I'm preparing for the PHR certification test.  I hope this time next year I'll be able to add PHR to my title. Oh how fulfilling that would be.  So much excitement to come, before I know it its all going to be here.