Sunday, October 3, 2010

thenext chapter: the new job

I left my previous "situation" last Tuesday after a very nice send off lunch and just a few tears.  It was harder than I thought leaving the Firm.  I was 26 when I started there and while I was there I moved in with Nick, got engaged, got married, bought a house, and had a kid.  It was a busy time, and I had pretty awesome people seeing me through it from 9-5 and sometimes after.  Plus working downtown was pretty awesome.  I was in the heart of a pretty awesome city, dressing the part of a "professional", and all around me there were people bustling and the buzz of commerce in the air.  The choices of food was just about endless and aside for the commute I think it worked out pretty damn good.  So nope, no regrets there.   I was able to leave on a good note and that is how I like it.
I took the next few days following to do a little back to work wardrobe refreshing, run some pesky errands, and spend some time with my two favorite people.  I took Kylie to the park and we fed the ducks, we took her to the zoo, and we had some relaxing time at the house under the shade of the big tree in the back yard.  I really couldn't have had a more enjoyable few days. Everything, including the weather, fell into place wonderfully.
Now its Sunday evening.  Close to crunch time.  I need to figure out what I'm going to make my first impression in.   So many phrases come to mind when trying to sum up the importance of a first impression.  No pressure, right?  If I hadn't gorged on queso and TWO meals in one day I may stand half a chance to fit into a couple other outfits...but yea, cheese was way more gratifying yesterday. Boo, bad decisions.  I'm not nervous yet, I'm actually pretty pumped.  I love to learn and feel productive and tomorrow will be information overload.  Its a new start, and one I am very grateful for, at that.   So while the rest of my thoughts solidify into another post, I'll follow this up with some disorganized thoughts, which are, IMO, thoughts of the most entertaining kind.

No comments: