Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love tax time!

Woop Woop! The tax man is giving back this year! I'm soo excited to get that deposited into the account! The initial plan of getting a new car was scrapped this weekend. After much discussing (read: arguing) we decided to pay off the little debt we have and put some money into some minor house projects, oh, and go shopping of course! The new Nordstrom Rack opens 2/10, just in time for me to go for a little shopping trip with my bestie. Back in the day we would be road tripping it to one of our shopping meccas but those days are past. I told myself this year no more buying clothes just because they are cheap (even though I love a bargain). Believe me, I would make a special trip back to HEB to recoup the $5.45 they over charged me, but there's something about a nice shiny pair of shoes and a rich looking dress that fits just perfect - no matter the price!  Ahhh, simple pleasures!


This weekend I went to a shower for a long time friend of Nick's. She is so fun - which reminds me I need to upload and send pictures to her! I'm even more excited for the wedding. Its almost like I'm getting married again, but vicariously through her. I love when all the friends are able to get together and have a good time, and it will be a much needed good time for me!! Not to mention Kylie's first road trip and wedding!


Other than that this weekend was kinda a wash. I stayed close to home and Sunday just nursed a sick baby. Its so sad to see her all sick, even though its just a cold/cough, it sounds horrible. He cough sounds like seals are living in her windpipe!


I guess I've been kinda lazy, and neglectful my my blog and my readers.  I've had some good inspiration, but not the time to write. Plus sometimes, what I really want to write about, I can't, so its just safer for me to just stay away from my keyboard when those moments hit me. Arg, sefl-imposed censoring.  Damn you, Jiminy Cricket!!

No comments: