OHHH, I'm so sorry for neglecting my blog, its has been a busy/tiring/yet nice weekend.
I'll just start from when Kylie got sick. Cough, cold, gagging, projectile vomiting, the whole 9 yards. I have been thrown up upon, but not with the gusto that my daughter managed to muster. One minute she is smiling, then coughing, then gagging, then...wait for it...BARF EVERYWHERE. It was one of those wonderful mommy moments. I guess I should be glad she went almost 6 month before catching anything. I'll chalk it up to the gift of breast milk for 3 months.
So I was in and out of work last week because of it. I was seriously tired and semi delirious. Nick and I were doing out crabby bickering that we have become so good at when we are both sleep deprived and pissy. We made it through the week without inflicting any bodily harm on one another, and we both sighed in relief as Kylie began showing signs of improvement.
Saturday my BFF and Kylie ventured to the mall. Oh lord, I had been away for faaar too long. Dillards washaving their semi annual shoe clearance, which has always proven to be a fruitful source of awesome shoes, but no luck this trip. I did get some things at express (thank you fast cash!!) I even bought a shirt at Franchesca's and totally avoided going into XXI in an attempt to keep my "quality not quantity" resolution from new year's. It was one of those rare occasions when you have money to spend but can't find any thing worthwhile to spend it on. Wouldn't it just figure? I really can't wait for the last 6 lbs to be gone so I can get back into my old jeans. Buying new ones is not a option. It is SO HARD to find decent jeans that look good. I'd just as soon wait for the old ones to fit than go buy some temporary jeans. I think the place I most want to go shopping, is my closet, where I can put on all the cute clothes I packed up to make room for the maternity clothes about this time last year.
Sunday, we were up bright and early - I'm talking 4:30 am - so we waited until 8 and went to Cracker Barrel for some pancakes. So good....I made a deal with myself that it would be ok, as long as I used sugar free syrup. I missed nothing. If you are familiar with the CB commercials, then you know its "half restaurant, half store - all country." Being the shop-a-holic that I am, even I can find something to buy at a Cracker Barrel Store. Dionnis Hand Lotion in Love. O.M.G. it smells SO good! I had wanted it ever since I went there when I was pregnant. I highly recommend going to your local CB to pick it up. Later, I snuck away for an hour or 2 to go treasure hunting at Marshall's Homegoods. That place is like the pot 'o gold at the end of the rainbow. The finds there can be amazing. I did a pretty good comb of the store, but only came out with a few odds and ends: A big thing of TiGi shampoo, sheets, a Max Studio shirt, (another) velour Polo warm-up suit for Kylie - this one is purple! Even though my intention was to buy stuff for the house, the minute I get in there I loose focus, which is how I end up with the above mentioned purchases. There is SO much I want to get for the house, but I don't know where to start! After consulting Nick, the obvious answer was to concentrate on one room at a time. (Duh). So I'm excited to get my art project going for the bedroom, and find a bathrom set for the bathroom. It will be slow going, so I'll have to use all that good judgment I have (haha!) to not get impatient and just charge the whole thing!
I don't really care much about the super bowl. As a matter of fact, I can't wait for this "Who dat" business to go away.
Which brings me to today...I've been ups since about 2:15 am. Kylie was screaming her pretty little head off. I have to say I almost lost my shit a few times. I know its not her fault, but to be tired, have her hysterical and not know how to help is the worst feeling. I went with my instincts and said home to sleep in with her and took her to the doctor. Just as I figured, she has an ear infection, a pretty severe one from what she said. My poor bebe. Now, she is in an Amoxicillin and Tylenol induced slumber, but I know she's hurting, which in turn hurts me. It her first of many ear infections, I'm sure, so I should get used to it. i'm going to snap a picture of her anyway to put in her baby book. February 8, 2010 - first ear infection. Yes, I'm that sentiMENTAL. haha
ok, ok, I need to go take care of some stuff. Days like these I know my energy is better spent at home, but Its not in the cards for me...yet. I hope to return soon to regualr blogging and being able to share my awesome stories and witty banter.
No comments:
Post a Comment