You can read the details of the challenge here if you are interested. Today was day one and I was faced with challenge numero uno:
30 Minutes is All it Takes
Create Some Free Time When He Gets Home
Your Project:
Focus on your husbands transitional 30 minutes today. Would he like to be left alone to rest and rejuvenate, or does he want some undivided attention from you? The point is to let your husband know you value what he does out in the world, and that he has a safe loving place to come home and get refreshed at the end of the day.Getting Creative
There are plenty of reasons why it might not be easy for you to give your husband some transition time at the end of the day. You need to look at what can work for your relationship. Be creative, like the stories listed below. Brainstorm with your friends until you find a situation that will work for you and your guy.
Remember ladies – we know you’ve worked all day too but this is not about you :)
Mission accomplished! I was running late picking up Kylie this evening but I knew what I had to do. We got home right at 6 pm and I came home to find the hubs in the computer room. [We had a talk a month or so ago because chores were really cutting into his evening internet time. Since then, things have evened out and I'm happy to say that the web has been surfed far less these days. ] I said hello and let him stay put. I didn't do any heavy sighing when he didn't come out, I didn't slam and drawers or "accidentally" bang any plates together. BUT here's the kicker: I was actually happy to give him his time. The mail had been brought in, the dishwasher was loaded and running and he had even prepared Kylie's bottles for school the next day. It was the perfect exchange of give and take. I let the challenge slip into the rest of the night and went to the gym after the baby was asleep. When I came home Nick had passed out on the floor watching TV. He works so hard. He puts forth so much effort and I can't remember the last time we had to go without. I'm really glad he's mine. I am one of the lucky ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment