Tuesday, March 30, 2010

trapped inside the body of a stay at home mom

HELP!! I'm finding waaaayy too much satisfaction in my "sick" day today.  Yes, I'm under the weather but so far I have done 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed and mopped, watched Ellen and I'm about to start the slow cooker for dinner.  Ok, its not that much but still...I am so much more productive!!  I've just had this wonderful surge of creativity; how to decorate, what to make, things to cook, places to take Kylie...and THIS WEATHER! OH LORD..could it be any NICER?!?!?!  On days like this it absolutely KILLS me that I don't stay at home.  And then I think...off all my wants and these mental lists I make of things to buy or places I want us to go...and they all take money. Money. Simply the most imperative yet lacking thing if I did not work.  Sure we could make it, but I would become all but a single mom.  I'd be committing my husband to OT upon OT so that *I* could enjoy the good life with our daughter.  Yes, I know its not fair, and I would not put that upon him.  We will work together to provide.  
So for now, I push that mom back inside, deep inside my [sub]conscious, where she will live until I'm ready to set her free.

No comments: