Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dear Family Member

Dear Family Member,
I wish you would clear the haze that you are living in.  I can't even believe you are the same person I have known all my life.  You are far away and unreachable by choice, but lost as a result.  We want to help, we want you back.
You used to shine and dazzle, but you've lost the luster that a clean life brings.  You've been through some stuff, I know, but it has not been enough to turn you around, and that is scary to me - but obviously not to you.  When I see you, my heart hurts because you keep traveling down the wrong road with no desire to look back.  I feel guilty for the shame I feel for you when you have scraped yourself together and shown up.  Head down, eye contact avoided, I want to help but you seem blissfully unwilling.  The sad part is those people will not always be there.  The welcomes will wear out and the substances will loose their effectiveness.  People will outgrow you and your choices will leave you even more alienated than you are now.  You don't have to do it our way.  You don't have to move back here but you absolutely must get your head together.  
We will always be here...but time is passing you by and everyday a door closes.  You have to find your balance, you have to make your way!

I beg you...

1 comment:

juliewood said...

I knew of this one right away