This suburban wife celebrated her 2nd wedding anniversary this past weekend by taking a trip with the hubby to New Orleans! It was quick trip east to see some music (Alkaline Trio) and eat our way through the French Quarter. We arrived Thursday night and pretty much went straight to the restaurant then House of Blues. We rocked out then walked back to the hotel and slept. Bonus: we got an upgraded room so we slept in our suite with the biggest bathtub I have ever seen. Even though the thought of using the jets gave me germaphobe shivers, yes, I took a dip, an yes, it was nice!
Friday, true to a parent's schedule we woke up obscenely early and were out the door in search of beignets before 9 am. We arrived at Cafe Dumonde like 3 miles later (Google maps, you failed me!!) The line was crazy and getting a table would be similar to wrestling steak from hungry lions. We opted for to go and found a bench to sit one while we covered our laps in powdered sugar. Ehhh, once you have had a funnel cake you've had a beignet...sadly it was nothing to rave about. We kept on walking on to Port of Call where we were told had the best burger in the city. The burger was good but the Neptune's Monsoon was better! Basically a Mai tai in a plastic cup, it set the tone for the rest of the day. I wish I had one now...mmmm....so tasty. After that the day was blown, we stumbles around for the next 4 hours looking for Pat O'brien's. Good times! Saturday we booked it home so we could get to our baby girl. She had a great time with Grandma and Gramps and when she saw us she wasn't exactly sure how to react, it was funny. The rest of the weekend I enjoyed my family and this great life I have. Driving back I was thinking of how lucky I am. Lucky to have met my husband who goes above and beyond for me and Kylie. Lucky to have my parents and sister who love and WANT to be a part of Kylie's life. I have a home, and a car and I don't have much stress (except for the stress I put on myself - which is another post all together). The weather was beautiful that day and the sun shining put a glittering effect on all my thoughts...all I could think was life, my life, was good! I have everything I've ever wanted.
.jpg)
1 comment:
you never had a beignet? cresent city down westheimer? anyway. yeah. theyre ok.
Post a Comment