Friday, March 5, 2010

possibilities

The title of this reminds me of my absolute favorite song off the New Moon sound track....ahhh. It stands for more than just the song, though. There some possibilities right now, and thinking of them sorta makes my head spin. Let's begin with my always accurate <--- imagine that in sarcasm font-- horoscope for the day:


Your horoscope for March 5, 2010

Keep your eyes and ears open today, Allison as you may receive some important information on some specific ways you can increase your income. This is just one of the many wonderful things that are bound to happen to you today. You are looking great and people are responding to your warm and pleasant manner. Bask in the glow of all the goodwill that surrounds you. Alas, it will not last forever.

If the planets have finally aligned like I've been waiting for, that would be fabulous, but what is more plausible is that the writers of my daily horoscope know that we JUST got our income tax return today and we both get paid today therefore we are momentarily wealthy(er). That money has plans, we are paying off my little 'yota and of course we gotta feed Kylie's college fund in case she gets into Harvard or Pepperdine like we anticipate.

The other possibilities are that of career possibilities for my hubby. I recall being sworn to secrecy on this front, so I'm sure I've said too much already but its something on the horizon I'm keeping in the back my my mind. (Yes, I know I was really vague just then!) Oh, and career possibilities for me?? Well, that would just be too f-ing lucky for me, now wouldn't it??


I dropped Kylie off Monday as usual but what wasn't usual was that she reached out for her teacher before I was ready to hand her off. I have always expected this to happen, and I should be glad that she does like her teachers so much, but it still killed me a little inside. They call her Smiley Kylie at school, which I love, so I know she is a good girl for them, but as always it reignites my internal debate about whether or not my destiny is to be a stay at home mom. Sigh...

On a completely separate note, the last place that was still selling individual Sugar Free Red Bulls for $1.99, (or $2.15 with tax) has finally increased their price. Since I was like 18 years old, they cost 8 quarters, a dime and a nickel. Easy pocket or couch change for a good pick me up. Now, the cheapest place I know is at HEB where they are $1.69. I love that HEB is being some competitive on their prices for us energy junkies, but I'll probably pay the extra $.33 for the convenience factor.

I feel the need to comment on my inactivity as of late. I guess I've not been feeling the "share your feelings" vibe for a while, but after some nice feed back from a few readers, my interest was revived! Thank you, as always, for being interested in me and what I have to say. Its such a lovely feeling :)





2 comments:

guitar playing mommy said...

being a stay at home mom was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. We finally did the math and figured with the cost of gas to go to the day care and work, cost of the day care, and the cost of missing work and taking a sick child to the doctor and pharmacy..... it was cheaper for me to stay home. Now that I am in school and we are just paying for the PDO twice a week, I feel less like I am losing my mind and more like a social creature, and the little ones like the social interaction. I really like it, but it is hard to do. I am just glad that you and Samina, and Maria and Becca and all of those lovely ladies are still hanging out. It really helps to have a support group around you, especially when they are friends in similar situations. i do know how hard it can be to send baby off to day care, since we had our oldest in day care while I was pregnant with the second one and working. It is hard, but you have to do what is necessary. congratulations on paying off your vehicle that is always a nice accomplishment.

Heather

Whitastic said...

Glad things are looking up! Keep posting because I get excited when I see new posts. My blog isn't nearly as interesting... :)